Sunday, August 21, 2011

Free (or Nearly Free) Activities in Fort Worth


dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
If given the option, there isn't much my seven year old son would rather do than hang at the house and play video games.  My two (almost three) year old daughter has other plans in mind.  She is constantly asking if we can go someplace. Even when she is drop-dead exhausted on the way home from an outing she is asking "can we go one more place?"  Since I refuse to live in a cave (and the girl won't let me anyway) I am going to have to be creative to come up with activities for us for FREE (or cheap).

A quick search (using my Swag Bucks search bar) shows several sites that proclaim to have FREE or cheap things to do close to us.  Let's see what I found. 

Fort Worth Convention and Visitor's Bureau

Free Attractions

Groupon
Not exactly a "thing to do" but they offer fantastic deals on local activities.  When my son has early dismissal at school (1-2 times a semester) I will pick him up and go on a mommy-son date to the movies.  I always get the tickets for 1/2 price (or BETTER). 

Virtual Tourist
Nifty little site that lets you read reviews and photos of Fort Worth attractions posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Worth sightseeing.

Free Museums in Dallas Area
A very nice list of museums in our area that are free.  With it still being over 100 degrees each day (yikes!) indoor activities are VERY appealing right now.

Although I am looking for things to do in the Fort Worth area, this gives you an idea of how easy it is to find stuff in your area.  I am going to keep digging a little deaper and I will keep you posted on our FREE (or nearly free) adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment