Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pink Princess Party

Pink Princess Party
For several months my little girl has been telling me she wanted a "Pink Princess Party" for her birthday.  Pink balloons, pink cupcakes, and princess tiaras!  I could have just ordered some Disney Princess Stuff and called it good, but I wanted something a little different.  And, I wanted to do it as frugally as possible!



Goody Bags
Party Favors
I went with simple pink bags and filled them with all of my girl's favorite things.  I scored most of these at the dollar store:  Princess coloring book ($1), box of crayons ($.50), tiara ($1), wand ($1), and a cellophane bag of m-n-m's wrapped in pretty pink ribbon.  I had the cellophane bags and ribbon already.  The candy was $6-7 maybe?  I bought really pretty hair bows in bulk from a local place and put one on each handle so the girl's would each get a really pretty hair bow.  Very simple party favors this year, but the girl's really liked them.  Added bonus:  very little candy going home to the kids.  I am not crazy about big bags of candy and cheap toys that come in most goody bags.

Decorations
I decided to do a lot fewer decorations than I normally do.  I found that I would spend hours and hours making elaborate stuff and then hours and hours cleaning it up after.  I went simple this year!  I found a huge Princess wall decoration on clearance at a party supply store.  (Sorry - no picture of this)
Tissue Paper Pom Poms (Flowers)
I made tissue paper pom poms (flowers) which were so cheap and very cute.  (Click on the link for more information about these)

Fabric Banner
The decoration that took the most time was the fabric banner.  I love how it turned out.  (Click on the link for more about the banner).  It will hang above her bed in her room after the party.

Food Displayed on Pink Fabric
I used various pink fabric I already had on hand for table cloths.  I had pink and white "jewels" scattered around.  I am planning to hang them from the ceiling in front of her window in her room.

Pink and Purple Balloons
Last, I bought some pretty flowers and blew up lots and lots of pink and purple balloons.  I didn't bother to hang them anywhere because I have found the kids just love to play with them. Plus, it is less for me to take down after the party.

Food
Pink Princess Punch
We had pink princess punch (lemon-lime soda, pineapple soda, and raspberry sherbert).  I am kicking myself for not taking better pictures of the cupcakes.  You can kind of see them in the group shot at the top.  They were simple strawberry cupcakes with pink icing and purple sprinkles.  We wrapped them in princess crown wrappers with little castles and Cinderella shoe pics on top. The wrappers were a lot like this. We also had some with chocolate icing and white swirls on top.

We had a buffet of fruit, cheese, crackers, carrots and dip.  We also served pizza (always a crowd-pleaser).

Dress
The Birthday Princess
My little girl already had a princess dress she received as a gift for last Halloween and she really wanted to wear it.  That with a $1 tiara and $1 wand from the dollar store completed her outfit.  A party fit for a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment