Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spooky Halloween Food 2010


Spooky Food 2010


It is that time of year when thoughts turn to all things spooky.  I admit that before kids I was way more into "Autumn" stuff than anything "Spooky".  My little boy has turned me on to the fun of silly, scary stuff.  Well, mildly scary.  :-)

Last year we were at the grocery store and we were looking at the magazines while waiting to check out.  Little man was drawn to all of the spooky food and asked if we could make some.  The idea grew and we decided to throw together some spooky food and invite a few friends over for snacks before going out trick-or-treating.  This served a dual purpose. One, we got to experiment with the different foods to make.  Two, I got to make sure they ate something before heading out.  They are so excited by the thought of candy that getting dinner in is sometimes hard. 

We sat down together and pored over different magazines and looked up Halloween foods on the internet.  We settled on a few different ideas and he helped me make most of it.  We had so much fun and we think it turned out great.  We can't wait to do it again this year!



Jack O'Lantern Fingers
 


Mummies (Hot Dogs Wrapped in Crescent Rolls)
 


Eyeballs (Cake Balls)
 


Monster Fingers (Bugles with Peanut Butter and Chocolate)
 


Pumpkins (Cake Balls with Spice Cake)
 


Pumpkin Guts (Toasted Pumpkin Seeds)
 


Melted Witch (Queso)
 


Jack O'Lantern Pizza (With a Big Pimple, Evidently!)
 


Desserts
 




A Guest Sampling the Yummies
 Linked to:
Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY
The Girl Creative
Creating Really Awesome Free Things
Today's Creative Blog
Tip Junkie
A2Z Home Stories

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are adorable ideas!! I love them. I would LOVE for you to stop over and link these and anything Halloween in my Halloween link up! I'd love to have you!

    Thanks for sharing, Kelli
    http://3boysandadog.com/deals/2011/halloween-post-round-up-with-linky/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute Halloween foods! I think these really make a party :)

    ReplyDelete