Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GoGo Squeeze

Have you tried GoGo Squeez?  I will confess that when I first spotted a big display of this stuff at Walmart I thought, "what a ridiculous idea."  My son begged, pleaded, and practically got on his knees whimpering to "just try it".  Uhm, it is just applesauce.  What is the big deal?


GoGo Squeez
Sigh.  I wish I could stoically proclaim that I am above the pleas from whiny children in the supermarket.  Truth be told, I do rarely cave.  However, I must evidently reward the little monsters with giving in *just* enough that they figure it is worth a try.  Sigh.  Guess the #1 mom award will not be presented to me anytime soon.

OK - so what is the deal with this applesauce?  I will tell you.  It has no refined sugar, no artificial anything, no gluten, no dairy, no nuts.  The ingredient list?  100% fruit.  Catch that? 100% fruit with nothing...nada....all inside a cute, portable container.  It looks kind of like a Capri Sun pouch, but has a screw top tube at the top that the kids suck out the applesauce.  I know?  Sounds gross.  Let me tell you...the kids LOVE this!!!  They have completely stopped begging for other carby/sugary snacks after school and beg for this.  The containers don't have to be refrigerated either.  When we are running errands or going on a road trip I can just toss a bunch of these in the bag and we are good to go.  You don't need a spoon or a bowl or anything.  Even the smallest kiddo can get the hang out of eating this. I like knowing that the kids are willingly eating more fruit.  The funny thing is neither of my kids was a big fan of applesauce before this came along.  Now they love it.  I can even toss it in the lunchbox.  I don't have to worry about fruit spoiling before we get a chance to eat it.  There are different flavors:  apple/apple, apple/strawberry, apple/peach, apple/banana, and apple/cinnamon.

Now, I am not going to even pretend it is as cheap as the big ol' industrial size jars of applesauce.  For me, it is worth the splurge.  Now, if you will excuse me.....I need to get back to earning that #1 mom award.

No comments:

Post a Comment