Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aw Shucks! The Versatile Blogger!?!

Here I was feeling a wee bit insecure about my wee little baby blog, when I am bestowed the honor of the Versatile Blogger Award.  Aw shucks, now!  A big ol' thank you to my new friend, adventuresindinner.





After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award I am supposed to:


1) Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
Thanks, adventuresindinner, you are too kind!


2) Share seven things about yourself.
  1. I had my first bambino at the ripe old age of 34 and my second just before my 38th birthday.
  2. I spent 39 1/2 years of my life thinking I didn't like science fiction.  Just within the last year I discovered I was mistaken.  Odd, but pleasant surprise.
  3. I love sleep.  I know everyone loves sleep. But I really, really love sleep.  There really is not much I would rather do than sleep.  Best part of the day?  The last two minutes before I fall asleep when I think about how I am about to be sleeping.  I know.  Sad, isn't it?!
  4. I lived in New Orleans for two years (pre-Katrina): celebrated Mardi Gras, went on swamp tours and fed alligators, hung out at Pat O'Briens until the sun came up, and was scared to death the first time we had a hurricane. Got me and kitty in the car as fast as I could and drove the heck out of town!
  5. I grew up in a big family and have a hard time scaling down any recipes I make.  Even now, cooking for just 4 never seems like it is enough food. We always have ridiculous leftovers.
  6. I moan about always getting "selected" to be the room mom, but secretly I get a little giddy.  It gives me another excuse to plan parties for the kids.
  7. Someday I dream of living in a tiny bungalow by the sea.  Wind in my hair, sand between my toes, frosty umbrella drink in one hand and a great book in the other. Oh, and sleep.  Lots of sleep.
3) Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs.


With pleasure!

Coastal Charm

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of C.R.A.F.T. :) I really appreciate the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so so much for the shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! Love it. :)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete